12 Jan Opening Concert
Two contemporaries, and yet the music of two quite different worlds in one evening. The 2022 festival will be started traditionally by Janáček’s Sinfonietta and not so traditionally by Strauss’s Concerto for Oboe performed by Vilém Veverka, the ‘ambassador of the Czech oboe’.
Alexander Liebreich cannot conduct the concert due to a sudden medical indisposition. Petr Altrichter will take the baton.
- Leoš Janáček – Sinfonietta
- Richard Strauss – Concerto in D Major for Oboe and Small Orchestra
- Richard Strauss – Don Juan, Op. 20, a Tone Poem for Orchestra
- Vilém Veverka – oboe
- Petr Altrichter – conductor
- Prague Radio Symphony Orchestra – the Festival’s orchestra-in-residence
- Jiří Vejvoda – opening speech
- 600 CZK / 500 CZK / 400 CZK
- 50 CZK /children under 15/
Recommended clothing – Black tie/dark suit