03 Jan Liturgical and secular organ
In honour of František Václav Lobkowicz, the 1st Diocesan Bishop of the Diocese of Ostrava-Opava.
Eva Bublová, one of the best contemporary Czech organists, will perform on the best organ in our diocese, a great and imposing programme composed of liturgical works as well as those positively secular ones. Concert will also include a part of the Passion triptych by Vladimír Svatoš, a legendary teacher of the Ostrava conservatoire, organist and a composer, who would celebrate his 95th birthday later this year.
- Olivier Messiaen – Apparition de l’Église éternelle
- Bedřich Antonín Wiedermann – Notturno
- Felix Mendelssohn-Bartholdy – Sonata No. 3 in A major, p. 65
- Johannes Brahms – Chorale prelude No. 2 „Herzliebster Jesu, was hast du verbrochen”, op. 122
- Vladimír Svatoš – Gethsemane Garden from the Passion triptych
- Maurice Duruflé – Prelude on the Epiphany Introit, op. 13
- Olivier Messiaen – Les Corps glorieux
- Eva Bublová – organ
- Jaromír Javůrek – opening remarks
- 300 CZK
- 50 CZK /children under 15 years/
Recommended clothing – Formal dress