16 Feb Ivo Kahánek: Piano Recital
Ivo Kahánek, the winner of world awards for his interpretive work, is currently recording a complete piano work by Antonín Dvořák for Supraphon. We can be one of the first to hear a small sample at the artist’s Ostrava festival recital. Chopin is a permanent part of the repertoire of world pianists. Ivo Kahánek, who was the second Czech pianist after Rudolf Firkušný to play with the prestigious Berlin Philharmonic, is no exception and also he has recorded part of Chopin’s enormous piano work.
The music of two world romantics will thus emanate through the romantic evening of the festival in the stylish ambience of the Silesian-Ostrava Castle.
- Ivo Kahánek – piano, artist-in-residence of the 2021 Festival
- Jiří Vejvoda – speaker
- Encore: a discussion hosted by Jiří Vejvoda with the protagonist of the evening.
- 300 CZK / 150 CZK (full/senior, student)
- 50 CZK (children under 15)
- 600 CZK (two adults and two children under 15)
Recommended dress code formal dress, family concert
An alternative venue for wet weather: a social-event hall in the Ostrava City Cultural Centre